Basics of the Omaha System – Onsite Workshop
September 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm UTC+0| $155.00
- What: Introductory OR refresher workshop that includes discussion and practice applying the Omaha System to case study data (see sample case studies on www.omahasystem.org)
- Why: Opportunity for clinicians, managers, faculty, students, and programmers/IT staff who are considering OR using the Omaha System
- Who: Karen S. Martin, RN, MSN, FAAN, presenter
- Cost: $155.00 (Includes lunch and 5.5 contact hrs; Bring your license number with you). This continuing nursing activity was approved by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Limited to 40 participants
- To register: Contact Karen Martin at 402-333-1962 or firstname.lastname@example.org; mail check payable to: Martin Associates, 5711 N 167th Ave Circle, Omaha NE 68166. For cancellation and a refund, send written notice at least 2 weeks before the workshop.
- 8:30-9:00: Registration
- 9:00-9:15: Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15-11:15: Overview of the Omaha System
- 11:15-12:30: Group Practice
- 12:30-1:00: Lunch
- 1:00-2:30: Practice
- 2:30-3:20: Users and Discussion
- 3:20-3:30: Wrap-up; Complete Evaluations
Essential Points for Participants:
- The three parts of the Omaha System are the Problem Classification Scheme, the Intervention Scheme, and the Problem Rating Scale for Outcomes.
- Various benefits are associated with using an organized framework for the practice, documentation, and management of interdisciplinary health care services.
- Accurate and consistent application of the Omaha System to case study client data is an important skill for users.
- Three or more types of groups use the Omaha System.
For more about the Omaha System, review www.omahasystem.org. If possible, bring a copy of The Omaha System: A Key to Practice, Documentation, and Information Management (2005) to the workshop. To order books, see www.healthconnectionspress.com. A limited number of books will be available for purchase at the workshop.